Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft .NET Framework?

Okay, so I'm trying to clear out all the unneeded programs that are on my computer at the moment. Microsoft .NET Framework - yes I realise that this software is essential for most Microsoft programs to operate properly. The thing is, my computer says that I have 3 versions of the framework installed.



Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1



Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)



Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0



So, I thought to myself, I seriously doubt that these are the latest installments of the program. So I get on Wikipedia, and up comes the .NET Framework page. Huzzah. It tells me that the latest version is 3.5.21022.8 and was released on November 19th 2007.



Now this is where you guys come in. I want to know, that if I download this version off the Microsoft website and install it to my computer, if I can uninstall all the previous versions of the framework, and have all my programs work the same.



Churr guys, you rock.



Microsoft .NET Framework?firewall



U can unistall all the older versions and install just the latest ones...Dont worry if u remove the ones installed...



U can check the latest ones here..



http://msdn2.microsoft.com/hi-in/windows...



Do rate me if it helped ya..



Microsoft .NET Framework?husqvarna



I would leave them on incase anything happens and you have to roll back. They don't take up much hard drive space and they don't eat up resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment