Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft?

For those who have a Zune, how do you like it?



I'm thinking about getting one for my birthday.



Microsoft?computer protection



I received a Zune for Christmas, and have been very happy with it. It's easy to interface with my computer, the battery life has been good (I take it into work, and play it for 6+ hours). I find that the layout is a lot more comfortable to use than an iPod, and am glad that the "wheel" feature wasn't integrated into the Zune. Pushing the toggle is a lot more intuitive and isn't nearly as sensitive on the iPod. Managing music is pretty easy, though it does require the Zune software to use (this would have been much better as an "upgrade" to the existing Microsoft media already on most PCs). I don't use the radio player much, but it does have decent reception. And it's solid enough construction that I don't feel bad when I jostle it or bump it into things. I think 30gbs is a rediculous amount of space for music and videos. I've loaded nearly my entire CD collection (about 120 CDs) and still have more than have the space left on the Zune to fill. I'll never listen to all my music in one sitting, or even in the space of a week!



I think Clarix's review is spot on with the detriments: it's not the most portable device in the world. I ended up buying an extra cord that had an outlet plug/lighter plug for when I travel. It wasn't very expensive, but it would have been nice to at least have the outlet plug for traveling included with the Zune (I suppose this is just a detriment of the 21st century, where it seems everything has accessories and you can't get a complete package). The display is pretty good, but a bit fuzzy at times, which can be detrimental for when using the Zune to play movies. Plus the large glass face tends to attract dirt and streaks easier, so I'd recommend getting something to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment